I’ve always been fascinated by some of the pics and movies posted online comparing Eve ship sizes. I’m no fancy artist like Rixx Javix, so I just cut, pasted and resized from in-game screens. In this case, 1 pixel = 1 meter.
I’ve even included some real life items for comparison. Yes, flying a Hurricane is roughly equivalent to flying around the Sears Tower.
A few things amaze me every time I play with these size differentials.
- It’s easy to think of Destroyers like the Thrasher as small. They’re not.
- I always think of shuttles as tiny, as small as drones. In fact they are significantly larger than most frigates.
- The Mammoth is huge. Really freaking huge.
- Capitals dwarf all of these ships (see below)
Some other size comparisons you should check out:
- The original size comparison chart
- Capital class size comparison chart
- Jumponcontact’s ship size and cost comparison
- Caldari ships vs. American football field and Empire State Building
- Kabukky’s amazing “model” videos:
- Invasion video – really gives the view from person-size
- Rokh, Rifter and Golden Gate Bridge
- Rifter vs. 747